Family Law

The most common family law cases involve child custody, which is when parents or another relative are establishing their rights over a minor child. This is done in a paternity, which is for unmarried parents, or divorce or separation.  An attorney will be able to help you figure out the best options for your family and advocate on your behalf to the court. Choose one of the options below to learn more.

Guardianship or Conservatorship

Obtaining legal guardianship allows the guardian to help the ward (either a minor child or an incompetent adult) by enrolling them in school, making healthcare decisions for them, or any other function that a parent would normally have. Being a conservator for a minor child or an adult means controlling assets so that the guardian can pay medical bills, rent, or other necessities.

Wills and Trusts

This area of law includes creating and updating wills and trusts, entering a will into probate once a loved one passes, creating powers of attorney to help when a relative is unable to make decisions, and other related matters.

Traffic Violations

Any traffic ticket that does not involve an injury. This includes speeding tickets, driving while suspended or revoked, failure to yield, and any other traffic related matter. Keep those points off your record!

Animal Matters and Violations

The attorneys at Creagar and Thurmond want to help pet owners with legal issues they face. Almost all municipalities have animal ordinances to help promote health and public safety of its citizens and to punish the abuse and neglect of animals within their city limits. Sometimes that can result in the best of pet owners getting a ticket even though they believed they were compliant. We also help pet owners dealing with homeowner's insurance claims or other related matters. Call for a free consultation to see if we can help.

Not sure you can afford an attorney?
Click here to learn about representation options.